International Print Consultant
Your main responsibility is to provide training to our customers with the goal to maximize the productivity and quality of our customers’ production output, using a Xeikon Digital printing machine. You will provide application support, print consultancy, media scripting services and training of their pre-press and production staff.
Additionally, being part of the HQ customer support team, your HW, SW and application expertise will be important in 2nd line service as well.
You work worldwide as PCT, traveling for ±50% of your time. While not traveling, you will provide 2nd line support or prepare and validate new configurations at HQ.
Main tasks as PCT
- Training of new operators of the Xeikon presses
- Provide workflow, application, media scripting training and workflow optimalisation
- Training, consultancy and support related to color management, scripting,
- Taking problem ownership, set up and implement action plans till full solution
- Troubleshooting and root causes detection
• Escalated problem solving at customer sites
• Remote problem solving over phone and mail contact with the customer
- Technical educational degree (bachelor) with some years of experience in machine maintenance, field engineering or graphics industry
- Experience as operator, supervisor or trainer in a technical production environment
- Good analytic skills, quick learner of technical data
- Good practical, up-to-date knowledge of common IT hard- and software
- Customer oriented
- Self-supporting, flexible, stress resistant
- Cost conscious, pragmatic
- Dutch; English; any additional language is a plus
You can count on preference in case you have basic understanding of
- Digital printing machine hardware and software
- Finishing equipment for printing industry
- Graphics and print process.
- Prepress software: adobe creative suite
- Page Imposition layout & software
- How to generate HR PDF files
- Color management ICC profiles
- Papers and substrates
- An enthusiastic, ambitious environment in a Service department which plays an important business role for Xeikon
- A challenging job with direct responsibility towards the customer
- Intensive training on Xeikon products
- An internationally operating company, active in innovative digital printing